How to use videos in your 2019 marketing strategy?
In the last 10 years, online habits have changed drastically. Users’ internet habits are changing. They are increasingly turning to mobile phones and tablets from desktops and laptops. While digital channels are becoming more and more accessible, from user’s perspective there is no limit to interact with contents. It is very difficult to estimate how and when people access content. It is also very difficult to know user interaction with content. In this rapidly developing digital world, it will be easier to keep up with this change when you invest in more attractive and interactive content formats such as video content marketing. Video content marketing is one of the most important online marketing materials that provides the value, relevance and flexibility they need, while being adapted to the lifestyles that consumers need.
For a better understanding of the importance of video content marketing, let’s take a look at the results of the research on how popular video content marketing by HubSpot has been in recent years:
- Video content is expected to constitute more than 80% of all web traffic in 2019.
- Adding videos to your email marketing efforts can increase clickthrough rates by 200-300%.
- Placing video content on landing pages can increase conversion rates by up to 80%.
- 90% of customers report product videos to help them make purchase decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- After watching a video that introduces the product to customers, the probability of purchasing the product from the Internet is 64% higher.
- 87% of digital marketing experts are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- One third of the time spent online is devoted to video content tracking.
- Video ads account for over 35% of online advertising spending.
- 59% of company managers prefer to watch a video rather than reading an article or blog post.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that video content is equal to 1.8 million words a minute
5 Important Facts You Should Consider In Video Marketing Strategy in 2019:
- Pay attention to the story, not on sale.
The fact that you should always stay away from boring sales techniques also applies to video content marketing. Your video content should focus on story and experience, not on sale. Remember: the same rules that apply to content marketing, apply to video content marketing, focus on the value and experience you provide for your customers. Optimize the emotional power of the video by addressing the needs and hidden demands of your consumers. At the end of your video it would be very useful to place a strategic and relevant call-to-action message with a shared link at all times.
- First 10 seconds of your video should be attractive.
Video viewers tend to leave your video content after 10 seconds or less. According to the recommendations of video experts, it is critical that you create your video content in a way that will capture and affect the viewer in the first 10 seconds. Try to attract the attention of the audience with questions and summary information and try to awaken your audience’s curiosity. Your video should immediately answer the question “why should I follow? ” which will be in the mind of your audience. Ask yourself to “why should people watch my video content?” question. If you are getting answers that your content will make them laugh, inspire, or teach something new, you are on the right track.
- Be energetic, enlighten the audience and stay away from the boredom.
The worst thing that can be done is to make a completely boring video, “said Dharmesh Shah, the founder of HubSpot and CTO. Videos with inflated content in pure marketing cannot spread among people. ” says. So what does your audience want? They want to laugh, they want to feel enlightened, want to forget the routines and facts in their boring life. According to Dharmesh, humor is very effective for video marketing campaigns.
- Optimize your content as focused on search results.
When it comes to SEO work for video, explanations are everything. Annotations allow Google robots to make sense of your video and understand what content is relevant to. Therefore, make sure your videos are tagged with relevant keywords, so they’re published with detailed descriptions and compatible titles. Also, keep in mind that Google checks the vocabulary used in your content with recent updates to see if it’s relevant to the title and keywords.
- Share educational content and prove yourself.
According to the researches, 65% of the audience is composed of people who adopt visual learning style. One of the most powerful methods you can use for video marketing is to share your content with your audience. For example, in your video content, you can teach your customers how to use your product or service and share helpful tips on how to get the most from your product. You can create a video seminar to showcase your knowledge of your industry, to position your brand as a thought leader, to add value to your consumers’ lives and to attract potential customers.
Design – Weronika Prasek